Wednesday, June 01, 2005

break up

once inseperable
now a shadow
remains
your fingers
twisted around my heart
waiting
on a moment
an opportunity
an open door
relentless
a voice whispers
so familiar
it feels like home
no longer
can my mind betray
the truth
it's over.

you won't let go
walking away
is never easy
once the old man falls
the distance
the seperating of lives
a heart, torn
salvaged.

i am better
without you
if you could only see
only let go
how often
a backward glance
returns me to salt
bittertaste
upon my lips
the memory of your kiss
a heart pangs
with history
repeating
smoldering fire
all consuming
tamed with a spoken word
truth
you can't hurt me anymore
it's over.

go to sleep old man
stop grasping
this heart is no longer yours
i don't belong
to you
silence
it's over
my heart
my mind
a war within
myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home